Thursday, February 28, 2013

Emotional intelligence and Zen Flow

So, this week was interesting. I ran into some burnout and roadblocks. Actually this week and last week. So what did I do? Did I freak out? over eat? maybe both , just a little. But I alos tried to take what I learned in the EI self assesment and use it in my tough times.  Normally I would look for a way out of something that causes me to stress, even when the stress will pass and I should figure out a way to finish whatever I started on.  I still havent completely broke out of my old ways but it does take time.  So on my EI I get a 1 on self awareness. I feel that I am in touch with myself and whats going on around me and how I relate to all that. How I control my reactions in times of stress.  I get  a 5 in self managment. Like I said I have a long ways to go ont his one. I do look forward to implementing what I have learned to help myself overcome certain pitfalls that keep me from managing myself in the best ways.  I get a 1 on social awarness, I am so good at assesing peoples moods and trying to help them overcome and deal with whatever negative emotions that they may be experiencing.  I get a 5 on relationship management. Mostly because I tend to be a hermit. A complete hermit, I can only take people in small doses, I never used to be like this, I was the total opposite, a social butterfly, a helper to all in need. I did have a life changing experience that I feel caused me to step away from people, I need to change this, for my profession that I want to go into but in a way I rather enjoy the thought of moving to a remote cabin in the woods and doing a Phycologist radio show. I can still help people, but be away too lol. With that being said and the second part of this assignment is  part of the reason I will tell you about my moment of total flowwww. The moment in time I remember the best as being completely absorbed and time was a theory that did not exsist was when I was in the mountains and I was just sitting there thinking about my life, and my decisions and where I wanted to be.  This sense of absolute peace and happiness flooded my body and I felt like I was capable of doing anything at that moment.  The cabin in the remote wilderness appeals to me because of the beauty and peacefullness.  This combo makes me feel like I can accomplish anything I want to. I can be creative, I can work with clarity and revel in the tasks at hand, whatever that may be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment